Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's that time of the year all you fiends and ghouls!


It's that time of year again! October is here and of course that means it's Halloween time! I am going to try and post as much Halloween related things as I can during this month.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love the fall and I love the colors that the season brings out. It makes me smile to see the sight of pumpkins on doorsteps, scarcrows and Indian corn. Throw in some homemade haunts and I am golden for October. As each day goes by my mood gets spookier. My listening habits begin to drift from the standard hard rock and heavy metal that permeats my life and I begin to indulge in songs like "Monster Mash" and "The Mummy's Bracelet". Of course I also have to have a good dose of The Misfits and other rock tuneage to satisfy the rock n roll beast within!





  When I was a kid I had one of those Fisher Price Movie Viewers and just like the picture here it came with Disney's "Lonesome Ghosts" cartoon. There was no sound just the cartoon which was on actual film and housed inside the cartridge. I have no clue what millimeter size this was but you could control the speed with the crank handle and also run it forwards or backwards. This thing fascinated me to no end! It also fueled my love for spooky entertainment.



 
So hats off to October! I will try to post more Halloween stuff as the month progresses and hopefully a nice big post concerning my favorite horror film of all time! Happy Halloween everybody!!




No comments:

Post a Comment